- Employment Type: Full-time
- Location: Lot Fourteen, Adelaide CBD, South Australia
- Hybrid (some days in office, some remotely)
Who we are
TCPinpoint is a dynamic, innovative proptech company based at the Lot Fourteen Innovation Precinct in the Adelaide CBD.
We’re passionate about building beautiful, reliable digital collaboration tools to enable the property industry to create retail spaces. We aim to bring all stakeholders holders responsible for tenancy delivery (tenants, designers, retail design managers, services engineers, centre managers, facilities managers, shopfitters) to the one platform.
What we're looking for
We are a curious, future-thinking group of people with a mission to help professionals in the property and construction industries digitise their way of working, and discover a whole new world of opportunities.
We’re looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer to join our team. Our existing product is built in Rails, so we’re looking for someone to maintain what we have, as well as implement incremental improvements to ensure it remains highly available for our customers.
We're looking for people who are curious, empathetic and ask lots of questions. We do everything we can to improve our customers' daily lives and enable them to be more focussed and proactive. At TCPinpoint, this is reflected in our team work and respect for each other.
A genuine love for retail would be an asset.
What a day looks like in the role
- Working with our experienced team of developers, product owner and business stakeholders to develop our Products
- Developing RESTful APIs in Ruby on Rails
- Developing web applications in React JS and Tailwind CSS
- Working with our software engineering team to identify problems and suggest solutions, and then implement those solutions
- Working in AWS - Elastic Beanstalk, S3, CloudFront, Route53, etc
- Apply and promote high-quality engineering practices
- Leading the development effort, guiding junior developers and mentoring them
- Helping to design solutions with the Product Owner and business stakeholders
- Working with our DevOps team to design and implement our target cloud infrastructure architecture
What we’re looking for
- 5 - 7 years of experience building software
- Experience building complex Single Page Apps (SPAs)
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD), writing unit tests
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical qualification
- Experience working in a software engineering team
- Experienced in using tools such as JIRA and Bitbucket
- Working knowledge of GIT
- Some experience using Continuous Integration / Continuous
- Deployment tools (Jenkins, Travis, Circle, Pipelines, etc)
- Solid understanding of security, web standards and architecture
- Good principles of software design and architecture
- RESTFul API design
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts
- Some experience with building solutions in AWS
- Experience working with project management software is desirable
- A love for retail is desirable but not essential!
Applications for this position are now open
Please apply using the form below.